Latest snapshot of the coronavirus impact
LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Health authorities are grappling with the nation's first coronavirus death of the year, with an Australian man dying in Brisbane on Monday night after returning from the Philippines.
* He tested positive for COVID-19 on his fifth day in hotel quarantine and was taken to the Prince Charles Hospital on March 25 before dying late on Monday.
* Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said the man in his 80s transited through Papua New Guinea but was infected in the Philippines.
* It's Australia's 910th coronavirus death and the first since a NSW man in his 70s died in late December.
* A woman in her 40s is in a stable condition in hospital after getting blood clots following her vaccination in Western Australia.
* It's Australia's second recorded case of a rare blood clot believed to be linked to the AstraZeneca jab.
* About 700,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines have been administered in Australia, so the two cases equate to a frequency of one in every 350,000 people.
* Expert advisers to Australia's medicines regulator concluded the latest incident is similar to blood clotting cases seen in Europe and the United Kingdom.
* The federal government has decided against buying the one-dose Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine to boost the nation's immunisation stocks.
* Therapeutic Goods Administration chief John Skerritt said talks were planned with Novavax on its COVID-19 vaccine, which could be available by June.
* Labor health spokesman Mark Butler said Australia needed more vaccine deals and an updated timeline for the rollout.
* South Australian health officials said the state was not stockpiling coronavirus vaccines as it recorded eight new cases in hotel quarantine.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* 1,234,681 doses in national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Monday, including 56,379 in the past 24 hours.
* 656,809 Commonwealth-administered doses to Monday (+40,241 in past 24 hours), 508,478 in primary care (+34,900), and 148,331 in aged and disability facilities (+5341).
* 577,872 state and territory-administered doses to Monday (+16,138 past 24 hours), 155,894 in NSW (+4359), 147,798 in Victoria (+3478), 112,419 in Queensland (+3105), 68,895 in Western Australia (+1749), 39,206 in South Australia (+1550), 24,614 in Tasmania (+887), 18,059 in the ACT (+601), and 10,987 in the NT (+409).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported no locally-acquired virus cases on Tuesday. There were 18 overseas-acquired cases in hotel quarantine: eight in SA, five in NSW, three in WA, and two in Queensland.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 136,676,442.
* Deaths: at least 2,946,124.
* Recovered: at least 77,825,600.
Data current as of 1730 AEST on April 13, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails