William Tyrrell search: Police focusing on concrete slab at Kendall home
Police investigating the disappearance of William Tyrrell are reportedly focusing on a concrete slab at the home where he was last seen.
According to 7NEWS detectives have “shifted their attention to the concrete floor” in the home’s garage.
Officers are at the Kendall home with a ground-penetrating radar and 3D cameras to analyse the area.
Cadaver dogs, pictured below, have also scoured underneath William Tyrrell’s foster grandmother’s house on Thursday as part of their renewed investigation.
It comes after William’s foster parents were on Wednesday charged with assault in connection to another child.
In a statement issued on Wednesday NSW Police said homicide detectives working on the William Tyrrell case had charged his foster mum and dad with one count each of common assault.
“As part of ongoing investigations under Strike Force Rosann, detectives from the Homicide Squad received information relating to the suspected assault of a child at a home on Sydney’s Upper North Shore,” the statement read.
“Following inquiries, Strike Force Rosann detectives served court attendance notices on legal representatives of a 56-year-old woman and a 54-year-old man earlier today.”
The pair are due to appear in court next week.
Police earlier this week launched a fresh search for William acting on “new information”, with detectives focusing on one person of interest.
It has now emerged that person is William’s foster mother.
A forensic search of the Kendall property and the surrounding bushland for the boy’s remains continued on Thursday.
Earlier on Thursday Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the case was a “very sensitive issue” but thanked the police officers involved for their persistence and dedication.
“Given the nature of these matters, I wouldn’t want to be making any contributions here that could in any way put at risk the extraordinary work that has been done by law enforcement officers around the country,” he told reporters in Sydney.
“For all of his family who for whom it is just unimaginable, the torment that they have been going through, I hope these latest developments provide them with some comfort.”
Meanwhile, the former detective who led the initial search - Gary Jubelin - said on Thursday there was nothing to make him suspect his foster parents had anything to do with his disappearance.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails