A family are counting themselves lucky after fleeing their South West home before it was destroyed by a bushfire. A blaze sparked by lightning on Tuesday razed more than 5800ha of land near Donnybrook including Kristy Milne’s house when a change in wind pushed flames towards the property. The 41-year-old and her three children packed clothes, documents, and keepsakes in just ten minutes before leaving the home. “I rang Alexis and asked her to get the boys ready - it took us ten minutes to get out,” Ms Milne told 9News. “I didn’t think twice my brain went kids, car, leave and that was it.” Ms Milne said she was devastated to lose her house - that once belonged to her parents - but was grateful her family were safe. “I’ve learnt that the kids lives and my life is the most important,” she said. “We can replace things - it’s devastating and it’s going to be a long journey but as long as we are ok.” “The fact we have those memories with us and we can rebuild and make new ones is what keeps us going,” her daughter Alexis said. A crowdfunding campaign to help the family rebuild their lives has received almost $10,000 in donations. “It’s made a really hard time a whole lot easier... knowing the community has got our back,” Ms Milne said. The family plans to eventually rebuild at the same property. Residents have finally been able to return home after the raging bushfire threatening lives and homes east of Donnybrook was downgraded to advice level on Monday. More than 200 firefighters were actively fighting the blaze, which broke containment lines on Saturday afternoon after a wind change. By Sunday, the alert had been downgraded to watch and act, before on Monday being further downgraded to advice. The Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions at midday handed back the Donnybrook-Boyup Brook Road to Main Roads, with most residents expected to be able to return home by the evening.