The Pemberton farmer accused of murdering beloved father Tony Ditri has been charged with two additional offences in relation to the alleged incident that shocked the Lower South West town earlier this year. John Gerard Benny Della Franca, 64, was charged with murder in August, just days after Mr Ditri was reported missing close to where his abandoned truck was found near a rubbish tip just outside the town. The 40-year-old’s remains were found buried in a paddock in September after a member of the public made the grim discovery. Mr Della Franca, pictured, whose property borders the tip where Mr Ditri was last seen, faced Manjimup Magistrates Court on Thursday on two additional charges. The man appeared via videolink from Bunbury Regional Prison where he was read his new charges of discharging a firearm causing fear and possession of a weapon without holding a licence. Police allege Mr Della Franca fired the rifle on August 27 in Pemberton, the same day Mr Ditri was reported missing, while the shotgun was found later in his possession on August 29. The discharging a firearm charge relates to a Sterling .22 rifle, while his possession charge is in relation to a 12-gauge shotgun. Magistrate Linda Keane said the firearm charges would be remanded until June 9 next year because of Mr Della Franca’s outstanding murder charge, for which he is yet to enter a plea. Both Mr Della Franca and Mr Ditri are longtime locals of Pemberton and a court was told in September the two men were known to each other. Mr Della Franca is one of the few commercial producers of buckwheat in WA, growing 7ha of the crop on his land. About 1000 people turned out for Mr Ditri’s funeral in October, where the handyman was remembered as a “true gentleman”. Mr Ditri’s mother Mary led the tributes to her son, describing him as a “family man” and a “pillar of our community”. “Gone but never forgotten,” she said. Mr Della Franca will next appear in Magistrates Court in Perth for his murder charge on December 22.